Want to join us? Tell us about yourself here
Dundermoose

Application - Dundermoose

Postby Dundermoose » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Section 1
=======
1.1 General Online Name: Dundermoose
1.2 Where are you? (Country, City): Pretoria, mostly
1.3 How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): From Nandos, the person, not the chicken
1.4 Do you have Discord? I do not have any addons and have only just re-started playing WoW, so teach me the way

Section 2
=======
2.1 Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: Nandos
2.2 Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferences etc: I used to play WoW1 and raided a lot, then BC up to raid, then stopped for a while. Started again with WoTLK to raid, then had a kid...stopped WoW cold turkey, not fun at all: no forums, burned my CDs, deleted game files, and devoted all my time to wife and kids...had another few kids... 5 years later is now and I have re-started my WoW time, but not planning to raid anytime soon as the kiddies take up most of my time and since #4 is due in Sept I will probably only play casually this year and next. In general I play FPS (BF4) and RPG (Fallout 4 most recently), but no specific genre is prioritized.
2.3 Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! : Funniest thing was back in BC days on Stomrage US when I was still with AG. We were doing guild run on Slave Pens and the tank and 2DPS wiped on that crab boss. Then me as priest had a the aggro and I ran like the chicken I was since boss had about 5% HP left. So the hunter, Papillion, was shooting like a crazed animal and she managed to kill the damn crab by the time I reached the top of the stairs. We were laughing so much by time it was over that my wife came over to see what was happening. I tried to explain to her that a priest as tank with only one DPS support was NOT the way to kill a boss and I was telling her the story with what I imagined was tears running down my face and the only thing I got from here was: 1 blank stare, a shrug and a slow exit with a head shake.
2.4 What are you hoping for from Sorted? : I loved playing in an SA guild in my previous WoW incarnation, and would like to rekindle that with Sorted.

The following section needs only to be answered if you intend on joining Sorted on Any of our MMO's (GW2 and/or WoW). If you have no intention of joining for any of these MMOs you may skip section 3.

Section 3
=======
3.1 Game (GW2, WoW) ?: WoW
3.2 Character Name: Output on Whisperwind US. and a few on Stormrage. I have some characters on Twilight's Hammer EU and Ghostlands EU.
3.3 Character Race and Class: Goblin Priest
3.4 Level & Spec: 3 Holy
3.5 If you were to Raid/PvP, what days and times suit you for group activity?: Whenever I am online. Maybe Thursday and Sunday nights, but with kids planning is about as useful as a farm in Zimbabwe.
3.6 How long have you been playing MMOs for?: WoW since 2001 - 2006 then 2007-2009 and now
3.7 Any previous raiding experience?: (eg. WoW Ulduar with Sorted on Whisperwind): A lot in 20 and 40 man BC, AQ, ZF, BWL then BC ones a bit and by the time I got to WoTLK I was doing PUG raids mainly due to time limit from various fronts
3.8 Do you PvP?: Yup, especially now with 250 ping I am pewing the pew
3.9 If necessary, would you be okay respeccing your toon to fill a need in Sorted?: Well I will probably not be raiding but if there is a need in casual then I do not mind at all
Last edited by Dundermoose on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nax66

Re: Application - Dundermoose

Postby Nax66 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:45 am

Hey, Dundermoose, welcome to our forums! I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy other aspects of the game (besides scheduled raiding) with us.

P.S. I really liked your Slave Pens story. :D

Dundermoose

Postby Dundermoose » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:56 am

Thanks Naxx.

Ok just an Update:
I got my US account reactivated last night, which after 8 years offline was a treat to see my old priestliness still there. So I have got a toon on Whisperwind now and have updated my application. I see the latency (320ms) is only about 80ms more than EU, which is still less than half of what it was (650-900 during raiding days) 8 years ago, amazing it is actually quite playable now!

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:53 am

Ye, explaining gaming stuff to non gamers can be quite complicated but sounds like one hell of a story :P
Oh by the way, discord is a voice comms :P
Welcome to the community!

Ill update your forum permissions now
May I suggest this section of the forums to get your way around Sorted:
http://sortedgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 33&t=12076

Dundermoose

Postby Dundermoose » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:37 am

Hey Marz, thanks for allowing me to join up with you guys.

I read the history as well, if only I knew about sorted back when Awakened Guardians started moving over to EU servers... But I must admit playing Alliance was fun and heartwarmingly cosy. Now it is just tusks, horns and rank body odour... so much better! I will set up the discord thingy quickly and have a look at getting up and running this month. Let me get back to work and will catch you guys on the forums some time.

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:47 am

It's called a vagina, not a clown car.

Dundermoose

Postby Dundermoose » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:15 am

HAHAHA True, cause I can't go diving in a clown car even if I wanted to, now can I? I can also not help that my wife is like an old Ford...net een klein stootjie en sy vat! "EDIT: I just want to say on record that my wife is amazing and I love her for her willingness to put up with all my crap and giving me 3 beautiful daughters so far, and for the 4th daughter she is lining up for us. My wife is really great!" and NO I am not covering my bases for when she accidentily will log onto my PC to check our her facebook account and accidentily stumbles into a fourm... I should maybe just mention that we planned on having 4 from the get go so at least we were not too surprised by the numbers.
Have a lot of the community members managed to create some IRL toons? I know 4 is a lot, but I am sure most should have at least a few here or there? I am a bit ahead of my peers, but that is just due to poor planning from our side and I did not play a lot of Jenga as a child so my pull out game is not strong...O.o

Gosh I hope I have not broken some of the PG ratings.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:35 am

Ye there are a few of us with kids :P
I myself have a 1 year old at the moment. A lot of work though wow but worth the effort.

Just proves that the world doesn't end when you have a kid like most people think

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:11 pm

Censorship isn't really bad here.
A few here and there only.

Dundermoose

Postby Dundermoose » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:47 pm

So then, not only are the people here friendly and mature, but it is run in a libertarian fashion! My heart is beating with much more joy than earlier this morning.

Is it a boy or girl, Marz?

And yes, your world does not end, your time allocation just becomes more creative and a bit more constrained.
WHILE Raid <> FINISHED
IF OR BabyCriesforUnknownReason = TRUE OR MiddleKid1 = JUMP_OFF_ROOF OR
MIDDLEkid2AGGRO >50% OR OldestKid = (Crying)/(SOMETHING) THEN
IF InRaid = TRUE THEN GOTO FAKE_DC
ELSE Message:"KID TROUBLE, GOTTA RUN, GOOD LUCK, BYE!"
GOTO EXITWOW!
ELSE THERE_is_NO_ELSE
End WHILE
FAKE DC:
UNPLUG NETWORK CABLE
EXITWOW:

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:20 pm

ROFL

A boy, broke my family curse. In my generation there are only 2 males and a ton of females, so who knows, if I have a second son at any other point the world may explode :P

Dundermoose

Postby Dundermoose » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi guys and girls,
At last I have managed to get my last kid out and settled down and thanks to the well directed efforts of the most noble Nandos I have made gotten a toon up to 110. It are a prot pally "Koedoe" and I already have been ginvited. So I will now check out the rest of the forums and catch you on the line.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:18 am

Good to hear :)

I hear that Nandos guy has a few management skills up his sleeve haha