I know I'm new but something bugs me...<<MC Raids>&

Got something to say? Want to challenge Sorted Members? This is the place!
Guranda

I know I'm new but something bugs me...<<MC Raids>&

Postby Guranda » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:37 pm

K if I understand correctly Sorted is pretty much basted with hunters at the moment the number being 12 or 13 now that I'm here. Of those 9 are raiding aka doing MC if I am correct.

I spoke to the class leader, nice bloke ) and something concerned me deeply as to how the whole MC thing works when forming a raid. Well as I understand it those who came first are going to get kitted first in MC aka they will be given preference to do MC over all of us others who came in behind them. They will do MC until they are kitted out and such and then the rest of us will be given a chance to do MC. Now I don't know about everyone else but this could take a few months to get nine guys kitted out...maybe only a month, but still isn't that a bit unfair. Okay okay I'm not here to make trouble or anything I know I'm new but I'm trying to understand this better.

I was told that more ZG runs will be made for the rest of us who loose out on doing MC. Does that mean those whoever gets to do MC are not allowed to do ZG I sure as hell hope so cause it would be a bit unfair to allow them to do ZG and MC when we only get to do ZG while we wait for a spot to open.

Make a rotatation perhaps the guys who do MC aren't allowed to do ZG and likewise until those who are doing MC are kitted and booted from the MC raid and the rest of us lowely ones are given a chance. I mean I was pretty dishearted at hearing I have to wait again to do MC when I came over here thinking wow I sign up for MC and I'll hopefully get to do it. But well I was surprised. But like I said I'm not trying to stir kak...I'm just trying to find out how this can be fair at all??? :shock:

Skurm
Veteran

Postby Skurm » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:18 am

Yeah there's a hunter overpop. The preference is in place for a reason - they need to get geared up for Naxx so that the other hunters in the guild can start gearing up in MC. Doing rotations will just mean having a lot of average equipped hunters instead of a couple of well equipped hunters ready to move on to Naxx, which just means mean more wipes and longer runs.

Rather get the 'core' team of hunters and all other classes kitted up and raiding Naxx/Ony/BWL, so that we can get our B team up and running in a bit and maybe get some well equipped FR geared guys to help.

Sphinx

Postby Sphinx » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:18 am

You are kidding right? thats a frikkin joke

Boots

Postby Boots » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:51 am

Welcome to Sorted.

You certainly chose an ... interesting way to introduce yourself to the guild.

Firstly, let me say we make a large effort to accommodate ALL South Africans especially but ALL players who want to raid at reasonable hours. You have just joined so you would not have had a chance to see how this works out in practice but if you had enough faith to transfer as quickly as you did (despite a clear warning of the situation beforehand to try avoid disappointment like this) I would ask that you get involved in our raid signups and forums and give it a go before dismissing it.

Secondly, you misunderstand the rotation system. It is not a complete gearing of 9 guys before the others. Rather there will be two rotation groups who will be rotated for MC runs so that guys who are not part of the initial gearing will also be able to run MC and collect gear. Lokixarr would be able to explain this in more detail if and when you give him a chance to.

Thirdly, the more information you give us the easier it will be try and accommodate you. In your application post I asked for detail on your raiding schedule - which days suit you? What gear do you currently have? What is your raiding spec? Etc...

Lastly, while your post appears to have many questions around the problems you might have with current system (including your misunderstanding of it) it does not offer any solutions or suggestions. The reason why the current system is fair is because the hunters raiding with us have done so from our first step into MC. I am not gonna malign them without good reason. They are part of the reason why we have progressed so nicely and they are buying into the rotation system to accommodate newcomers. I only have so many raiding spots. Who should I logically give them to? The guys who I know, who have been putting in the time and effort, who pitch up prepared and on time to raids and who participate in-guild and on the website? Or the new guys who sign up demanding a place?

The answer is in my first point - we try and do both. We try and make a plan so everyone can raid. Help us to help you man, tell us who you are, when you can raid, get your forum access here and start chatting to us ingame. Right now, all we know about you is you ignored our warning about the hunter situation, misunderstood our solution to it and then complained about it. Not a great start.

Sorted can work for you: its officers and players have set up a system to try and make it work, but you have to participate in the system and you have to give it a try in order for it to work.

I hope to see you in game and in a raid soon.

Boots

Postby Boots » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:54 am

&quotSphinx&quot wrote:You are kidding right? thats a frikkin joke
That is not helpful :( Skurm was trying to help a new guy out with understanding the hunter situtation. He may not have got it 100% but your reply is just a snipe at him. It doesn't progress the situation towards a resolution at all and it really doesn't help your friend.

But hey, while we have you here: do you still play Jocelyn? I know you were AFK till September but we havent heard anything from you in a while.

Sphinx

Postby Sphinx » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:56 am

Nice post Boots :P I can understand where Guranda was confused as to the fact I saw while she was online last night, the explanation was that whoever raids now gets geared before we accept anyone else.

Will your explantion of your post I am sure she will understand and wait to see whats happening.

But if you joined the guild and was basically told you wont see the inside of MC until the others are geared.. I think you would have reacted the same way.

Once again very nice informative post.

PS. My apologies to Skurm's post, I understand he tried to help and just got the wording a tad wrong

Boots

Postby Boots » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:02 am

&quotSphinx&quot wrote:But if you joined the guild and was basically told you wont see the inside of MC until the others are geared.. I think you would have reacted the same way.
Let's be clear. You do not join the guild and then get told that you may face some raiding problems. These things happen in reverse order and can be seen to happen that way in the posts on this very forum.

Guranda is here now and we are going to try and make the best of it in terms of raiding but it is a tricky situation which needs to be approached delicately so as not to offend either new hunters or the older ones. This means using the signups and buying into the rotation system. As we find better ways to do it, we will adopt them as well.

We want everyone to be able to experience the content Blizzard has put out there for us.

Fuzz
Veteran

Postby Fuzz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:29 am

bewtsi, reading your posts makes it clear why you do what you do for a living.

:D
Ze naked wan, jawohl.

Boots

Postby Boots » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:30 am

&quotFuzz&quot wrote:bewtsi, reading your posts makes it clear why you do what you do for a living.
Nobody ask and I shall put down the bold font and step away from the forums.

There is no need for anyone to get hurt here!

:roll:

Fuzz
Veteran

Postby Fuzz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 am

except for them gnomes in your signature !!!

.. damn I am bored at work. :(
Ze naked wan, jawohl.

Lokixarr
Veteran

Postby Lokixarr » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:50 am

Thanks Boots, don't think I could have said it any better. Can't compete with the big words you use. :(

For the hunters I am trying to do as much as I can to make sure both the guilds needs in terms of progression, and the players need in terms of having access to the content is met. I don't want a situation where the hunters are dragging down raid DPS in fights where we need to be putting out as much DPS as possible(Rag/Vael). 10 hunters all with 4/8 GS isn't of good use to the guild, as at no time can all 10 hunters be in a raid.

As some guys won't be able to access MC content as much, I will be trying to weigh the ZG rotations in their favour, but my main aim is to allow everyone access to all the content we are up to, so some of the MC guys will still get a chance to raid ZG and some of the newer guys will get a chance to raid MC. I personally want to go to ZG on Friday to get the drop off Bloodlord to get my helm enchant, and I'm sure most of the hunters have items in ZG they would like a shot at.

Please check out the hunter forums shortly, will be posting the planned rotation cycles on it.

Sphinx

Postby Sphinx » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:03 pm

Can I make a suggestion?

Keep an eye on gear of the hunters.. once you see a certain group of hunter or for that matter any class has the drops from the first few bosses.. rotate them out. Dont put them in the raid until later bosses and make a rule where after you reach a certain boss you change out with others.

Its a waist to have 5x hunters in a raid, that all have the drops of the first 5 bosses. What if hunter gear drops and no one needs it? DE aka waist, whilst the newer hunters could have gotten that gear instead.

I dont know if that makes sense or if I could put forward what I am trying to say but I hope you guys get the point :P HEHE
Last edited by Sphinx on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boots

Postby Boots » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:06 pm

&quotSphinx&quot wrote:Can I make a suggestion?
Of course! We welcome them.
&quotSphinx&quot wrote:Its a waist to have 5x hunters in a raid, that all has the drops of the first 5 bosses. What if hunter gear drops and no one needs it? DE aka waist, while the newer hunters could have gotten that gear instead.

I dont know if that makes sense or if I could put forward what I am trying to say but I hope you guys get the point :P HEHE
Nope it makes perfect sense and is one of the things we are considering! Only problem is in knowing who has what gear which is why communication in your class forums, with your class leaders and the use of character profiles is so important!

Lokixarr
Veteran

Postby Lokixarr » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:08 pm

Please check hunter forums!

Sphinx

Postby Sphinx » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:11 pm

I dont know hey, I am scared of the hunter forums.. I heard weird things happen in there :P

i'll stick to my nice comfy soft mage forum :P

PS. Boots could you move this thread to the General chat forum?

{Addition after original post}

Just read your post on the hunter forum. Good job sounds the best. Might be good to suggest that to any other classes with problems aswell. Maybe make a general post about it.
Last edited by Sphinx on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.