MC strategy, (Just my suggestion)

Got something to say? Want to challenge Sorted Members? This is the place!
Sphinx

MC strategy, (Just my suggestion)

Postby Sphinx » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:57 am

Welcome to my Molten Core strategy.

I thought seeing as alot of the people are still farely new with Molten Core and seeing as its quite irretating to explain strats when you get to the boss, I made up this MC strategy which we used in my previous guild. This is a boss fight strategy and does not include the trash mobs.

Hope it can be of some help.

THE LUCIFRON FIGHT

Pull
To pull, we usually have the two offtanks shoot their adds, then have the main tank peel Lucifron off.
The two offtanks take their adds to the back of the cavern. The main tank takes Lucifron off to the side.

Abilities
Adds:
  • Mind Control: Every once in a while, the adds will Mind Control someone.
Lucifron:
  • Impending Doom: This is an AoE magic effect. After 10 seconds of having this, you take 2000 shadow damage.
    Lucifron's Curse: This is an AoE curse. It doubles the cost of abilities (I.E. a 380 mana flash heal now costs 760 mana).
    Shadow Bolt: Lucifron casts a shadow bolt for 1-2k damage on a random target.
Strategy

The raid will first kill the two adds, one at a time. Once they are dead, switch to Lucifron.
We will warn you when the AoE curse and magic effect go off. If you can, get away from Lucifron.
Shamans should watch out for the Add's mind control. Purge this off the person who is MC'd. You will also be doing most of the main tank healing this fight.
Mages and Druids will need to be on Decurse duty this fight. The main tank and healers are priority.
Priests will be on dispel duty. Priorities are main tank and healers. Two healers will also be on the two offtanks until the adds are down.

THE MAGMADAR FIGHT

Pull
Simple pull, the main tank just takes Magmadar over to the wall. Magmadar must face the wall.

Abilities
Fire Cone: Breaths fire in a cone in front of him.
Magma Spit: Magmadar will spit fire blobs on the ground. If you run through it, will we get some major damage over time.
AoE fear: Will make you run into the fire blobs.
Frenzy: Magmadar increases in size and attacks at 150% speed.

Strategy
To counter AoE fear, we will announce ahead of time when one is coming. The warrior will have to switch stances (stance dance) or a totem will have to be down. Get out of range.
Do not run into the fire. If you do, bandage up.
Hunters with Tranquilizing Shot will have to use this when Magmadar goes into a frenzy. Set up a shot rotation.
The Fire Cone should only hit the main tank. This is why the main tank has Magmadar facing the wall.
Healers will be put in three groups. Groups 1 and 2 are on the main tank. 2 will be out of healing range until group 1 is feared. Then they heal the main tank. When group 1 has recovered, group 2 steps out. Group 3 is out healing the raid.
Tremor totems are nice here.

THE GEHENNAS FIGHT

Pull
We have a main tank and two offtanks. One offtank will stand at the northern part of the cavern the other stands at the southern part of the cavern. Hunters will distracting shot the appropriate add to their tank. The main tank will pick up Gehennas and tank him in the middle of the cavern.

Abiliies
Adds:
  • Fist of Ragnaros: Stuns everyone within 8 yards for 4 seconds.
Gehennas:
  • Rank of Fire: Much like a warlock's rain of fire. 925 fire damage AoE.
    Shadowbolt: Casts a 2000 damage Shadowbolt on a random target.
    Curse of Gehennas: This is an AoE curse. It reduces healing on the target by 75%.
Strategy
The southern add will be killed first, followed by the northern add, then Gehennas.
Offtanks should carry Free Action Potions so they are not stunned by the adds.
Druids and mages MUST decurse the main tanks, offtanks (while they're tanking) and people who are injured.
Healers should not heal anyone who has the curse on them (except the main tank. If possible, shield him).
There will be one priest on each offtank.
Stay spread out, so we aren't all hit by the fire at one time. This is why Gehennas is being tanked in the middle of the room.
If you can, get out of range when he does his AoE curse. We will announce when it is incoming.
Priests should Shadow Protect the raid.

THE GARR FIGHT

THE BARON FIGHT

THE SHAZZRAH FIGHT

THE SULFURON FIGHT

THE GOLEMAGG FIGHT

Venom Rush

Postby Venom Rush » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:11 pm

Wow Sphinx...really got some good strategy going here....need to get my damn lock to 60 damnit :P