Ark survival naked and afraid challange

Got something to say? Want to challenge Sorted Members? This is the place!
Psyloc

Ark survival naked and afraid challange

Postby Psyloc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Hey everybody ok so as some of you may know I play Ark. I have accepted a challange for Friday night at 20:00 hour on carno island. I will be taking on the island naked and afraid style. The only items I can use in this challange is primitive spears and food and water. I also only have 3 attempts to clear the entire island. So for all those wanting to have a good laugh at me doing this feel free to come check it out first hand and if possible we going to try to stream aswell on steam. Hope you can all make it.
I always thought being a gamer and someone who had a sense of responsibility to the game and to my teammates was the honorable thing.

Yokochan
Overlord

Re: Ark survival naked and afraid challange

Postby Yokochan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:43 pm

I shall try be there :)

Psyloc

Postby Psyloc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:01 pm

I am excited and afraid all at the same time lol
I always thought being a gamer and someone who had a sense of responsibility to the game and to my teammates was the honorable thing.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:09 pm

I hear theres a bet involved
I can be persuaded to sway it in someones favour

Psyloc

Postby Psyloc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Marz wrote:I hear theres a bet involved
I can be persuaded to sway it in someones favour
lol no bet i just need alot of wood lol. But the group have set a few more rules and stuff once there is a official thing will post it

Psyloc

Postby Psyloc » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:13 am

ok so here it goes Thanks to all who came and had a good laugh at me running around like a fool my first death was to a level 26 scorpion because i was a dumass lol, but was able to to kill 3 saber 1 rex and 3 argies before that. I then spent the next 20 min or so trying to make it half way oh and the stupid scorpion still chased me for even longer. I lost track of it all of a sudden it was behind me again. So i eventually killed it. i then proceeded on with the mission and promptly ran into another rex. and killed it. Then i was told there is a alfa carno on the island ........ Really right now wow. Ok so i decided to get the carnos that where on the island out the way so instead of getting just 1 i drew 2 to me and imediatly fell off my perch and got Nommed. Proceeded to kill them after respawning. Now was the time to Agro the ALPHA. My support team crafeted 150 primative spear and i went at it and i ran out of spears so swithed to arrows and a bow 65 arrows later dam thing still not dead. so i asked for a primative pike and yolo was my name oh. i ended up dieing 3 more times vey quickly. on my 4th and final attempt one of the watcher ran out of stamina fell in front of the alfa and the argie did the rest 3 bites and he was done. My victory was denied. But alot of fun was had. I earned my wood to build my fence. so i am happy and everyone else had a good laugh. until the next challange. good luck and happy taming all

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:18 am

Haha sounds amazing
Glad everyone had fun.
Good job to you and your support crew :)

Psyloc

Postby Psyloc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:48 am

Ok so after some contimplating I want to know who is keen to do another naked and afraid challange on carno island rules will be slightly different. Was thinking of doing it in teams of 2 this time bows arrows and cloth armour only. Meat berries and water are your only reasources allowed. Teams would be selected at random for the guys who want to try it entrance for viewing would be of the reasources of the competitor choice amount will be set amount. By me as event orginiser. Anybody intrested post here yes team draw will be done buy Thursday to have event Friday happy arking all

Delarosa

Postby Delarosa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:05 pm

Ooh yes plz im in

Specktor
Overlord

Postby Specktor » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Please make sure i have the details in advance for social media, especially if there's streaming

CrashBurn

Postby CrashBurn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Is taming allowed?

and how will a winning team be decided...

because we could turn it into a mini hunger games?
have to survive 10 in-game days or something like that.

only one single foundation allowed.
allowed to pull dino's to other teams base, but beware, other team allowed to topo arrow you so some risk involved.

Psyloc

Postby Psyloc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Ha ha yeah the idea is to draw 2 players anybody from eg sorted gutter gang, nomads any tribe on the server and have the 2 randomly drawn members take on the island and clear the island in 3 lives each. Spawn beds will be placed as they go. All things used in the event will be broken down after event is done. So not to spoil the spawn. The time limit will be 1 hour+- so 8f you want to tame some thing feel free but everything on carno island takes more than a hour to tame.lol the prize pool eg. In game reasources wood stone thatch chin iron obsidion crystals is up to competitors to choose eg. Entrance 500 wood plus 100 wood for every kill of a carnivorous animal. Plus 100 wood for over lvl 25 plus 200 over 50 and any alpha minimum 1000 over and above the entrance. The more rare the reasources the less in quantity. Also there will be a mystery prize for the team who takes part we can do it as a regular event once every 2 weeks. As for casting and all will make sure you know well in advance

Ravaan

Postby Ravaan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Has anyone tried Survival of the Fittest (the Total Conversion mod)?

It's about a 1,5 gb install. But I've been trying it out on the US servers and I'm having a blast. Longest I've survived in 8 matches is 20 minutes (games go on for max 2,5 hours).

It may be something we as Sorted want to give a go. Could be fun if a bunch of us end up on the same server :D

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:27 pm

Ive downloaded it but i havent jumped in yet because I wanna atleast see EU servers :(

Ravaan

Postby Ravaan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:59 pm

I've played on both NA and EU servers and bizarrely I find NA a little better ping wise. But both are playable.

Hit me up you want to play sometime, it's definitely better with a team (I have finally made it the final few, but someone got the Dragon and set my base on fire... while having their Spino sit outside the door to kill me :) )