Skyforge

Got something to say? Want to challenge Sorted Members? This is the place!
Vesuvius098

Skyforge

Postby Vesuvius098 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Skyforge is a new MMO-RPG that goes into Open Beta 2 days from now (16/07). However there will be no wipe at the end of the Open Beta just a smooth transition into full launch meaning that this is effectively a soft launch. The game sounds incredible, you can find a list of the features here: http://sf.my.com/us/about#about_features . I'm definitely gonna give it a try, see what it's all about, what the combat is like etc and I'll feed back in about a week. Supposed to be the next wow killer blah blah but how many times have we heard that before. If anyone else is thinking of giving it a shot I'm almost always on mumble under the name Zambrak. Oh and I forgot to add, it's Free to play so no excuses.

Zambrak

Ravaan

Re: Skyforge

Postby Ravaan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Looks interesting. I worry that they talk about it as an action MMORPG and our latency could be a problem? But I'll chat to the mates. We were thinking of going back to GW2, but maybe this can be a distraction beforehand.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:20 pm

On face value this looks interesting but reading deeper I have my doubts about it

I will of course download it and give it a shot though, should never judge a book by its cover.

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:31 am

Will also jump in when the open beta starts.
If it's anything like allods online, be ready to be disappointed as I'm sure it's the same team.
Had a look at a few videos & classes.

Combat animations seems nice but long.
Art style looks a bit odd, but can live with it.

Classes i see do not look interesting.
Any game they bring out a gunner, you know it will be the most played class and also the most OP class and this I feel is stupid.
only Lightbender and cryomancer may be good.

Being able to cross skill, sounds like a good idea, but in long run a bad idea, as you usually get passive skills that increase skills in a set tree.
Being less powerful, cross skills wont be used.
The whole cross class setup will be useless.

hybrid vs pure, and pure always win.

As a side note, did we not have a similar thing in Rift?
Cross classing quickly became obsolete.
The rifts being the most fun thing ever in any mmo, with random large scale raid events that were also amazing. This did not really keep the people from leaving because of the basic issue off cross classing being a bad idea.

But as you said, its f2p, Ill give it a shot, it might even be fun.
p.s. I'm still looking for players for Scarlet Blade.

Vesuvius098

Postby Vesuvius098 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:10 pm

I've played it for a few hours now and slowly starting to learn more about the game. The class system is quite unique Balti. Their are two layers of talent trees, you can only be one class at a time and the bottom layer is just for the chosen class. The top layer is for your character and more stats points and a way to unlock new classes. The other strange thing is that there are no levels. This is replaced by something called prestige earned by a combination of your gear and talent points unlocked.

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:22 pm

If it is as you say, It might even be good.
The no level thing seems interesting.

Ill sink in a few hours over the weekend and decide whether it sucks or not.
The thing I am worried about, is still the allods team thing that they like to throw around in all their videos.
They have a tendancy to make p2w.

Specktor
Overlord

Postby Specktor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:41 pm

I keep getting disconnected.

Vesuvius098

Postby Vesuvius098 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 pm

I can kinda see the p2w thing. You can already buy in game money but I guess with a f2p game they gotta make their money somehow. The forums all say it's a new and improved version of tera ; )

Vesuvius098

Postby Vesuvius098 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Warren the game doesn't come out until tomorrow unless you have a founder's pack which is why you might be getting disconnected. If you have bought one then I know it's patch day so servers might be offline

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:32 pm

I dont see races either.
Human only?

Vesuvius098

Postby Vesuvius098 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Yeah it seems like that. Lots of character customization though and some bad ass outfits. I'm a paladin running round in a tux. No factions either. Seems strange but I think their guild / pantheon system is a replacement for that.

Kirk
Admin Team

Postby Kirk » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:39 pm

download as well - will look at it tomorrow : maybe sort out class? whos playing what?
Mad Wizard

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Ill go with my standard choice of healer / lightbender.
Get invited to groups even though I have 0 skill

Kirk
Admin Team

Postby Kirk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:10 am

so opinions on this game? - I found that while trying to progress, my prestige was to low to do missions, so ended up repeating alot of the missions to get better items. (which increases your prestige).
Also got to train with all the classes, and must say i really don't like the combat system for the other characters. (not the starting 3). a combination of mouse clicks and keyboard strokes to do special moves.

Ill give this a game a 5/10, and i think im being generous. It looks pretty... but then alot of games look pretty these days.
Its a game to pass the time, but that's about it.
Mad Wizard

Vesuvius098

Postby Vesuvius098 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:52 am

Unfortunately I have to agree, the quest line repeatedly is sending me back to dungeons that I've already cleared over and over and just can't be bothered to do again. I find it is a bit of a clickfest which is definitely not my type of game. I think I might still drop in once a week as it is free and I'm close to unlocking my next class but won't be playing it religiously at all. The high end content looks vaguely promising, I've started to unlock temples and followers (very similar to wow garrison), but it's just such a grind to get there.

Any other mmo's soon to be released that could possibly keep me entertained for the rest of the year?