Mobile Games

Got something to say? Want to challenge Sorted Members? This is the place!
Hyuu (phear)

Mobile Games

Postby Hyuu (phear) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Most of us have a 'smart' phone and I'm sure we all play games on it. Time to share the little gems you've found with the rest of the community.
But first a little reminder that there are multiple operating systems. Now, me thinks that most of you will have Android since I've heard from several people that they have a Galaxy (guilty of this as well) so the people with iOS might not be able to play all the games and vice versa. Also, please do not start flinging excrements at the other OS because you feel that yours is superior. Each has their merits and that's where we'll leave it.

Back to the fun stuff: GAMES!

One of the most entertaining and rage inducing games you can play is Quadropus Rampage! It's an action game about a four-legged cephalopod who has to stop the evil god of the sea, Pete. In this hack and slash style game you descend down different levels and gradually go deeper into the ocean. Whilst doing so you'll be able to collect power ups and weapons with funny names and skins. However, when you die you'll have to start over. Fine at level 10, not so fine at level 99. Fortunately you can pause it.
This game is really entertaining but sadly loses a lot of the original challenges once you reach the end. Even so I feel like it will be able to entertain you for quite a while.

Next one is Stardash. It's your typical arcade pixel game that revolves around jumping and staying alive. Fun but not ground breaking and a nice whim of nostalgia for anyone for who had an original Game Boy. The game allows you to complete 3 goals for each level, do not forget to play in reverse mode.

Hoplite is a turn-based strategy game which offers a challenge and can be very addictive. Upgrade your weapons and abilities to defeat to horde of monsters you face in this game.

And finally we have Metal Slug Defense (thanks to Patches). The creators of Metal Slug made this strategic tower defense style game which is packed with troops, tanks, destruction and ... zombies? Ah well, tons of shit you can blow up. The idea is simple; destroy the other base while you keep yours intact. Have fun!
Sorted - Forums - Mumble details

"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mech battle between two fetuses."

JackPackage

Re: Mobile Games

Postby JackPackage » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:52 pm

For those on iOS, give Osmos a try. Marz can vouch as well. One of the best games out there.

“I lace my crack... with Crack!” - Agro

Bombz

Postby Bombz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:34 am

Osmos is great fun, and gets challenging without breeding the desire to smash your phone in frustration.
Not just on iOS.

Sweet post btw. Really like it when things like this pop up.

Edit: wow, didn't mean to bash. sheesh
Last edited by Bombz on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Agro
Officer

Postby Agro » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:10 am

Pokemon Fire red and Emerald on VBA bru!

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:21 am

As hyuu stated in the original post, lets not bash each other about whose using what phone, Julians experience is from IOS and that's fine. Any further comments on the matter and ill edit them myself.

Yes agreed Osmos is great fun

I can recommend Plague Inc. I pretty decent simulator of starting a virus (or similar plague depending on level) and mutating it in order to become more devastating and destroy the world. Need to balance between being its severity, contagiousness and lethality in order to not be discovered too soon or kill of people before it can spread.

Fun little games that hit the market by storm are the disney games. Wheres my Water? , Wheres my Mickey? and Wheres my Perry? . They all involved manipulating the level (digging sand mostly) in order to get steam, water into the pipes to progress through the game. Beware of Wheres my water 2? though, full of small adds and micro transactions.

Flow Free is for those who want basic puzzle solving. I can sometimes mindlessly play this game just to get frustration out. Other times it just frustrates me :) . You need to connect the pipes in the correct colour sequence and leave no gaps behind. Pretty straight forward.

JackPackage

Postby JackPackage » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:40 am

I'm gonna struggle getting links out here, but the names are correct. I have no idea if these are available on other OS since I'm using Apple.

Electric Box and Electric Box 2 are also two gems I found. Quite a lot of fun. The aim of the game is to get electricity from a source to the final machine using electrical paths, lasers, steam generators and water turbines, lights and solar panels and other equipment to augment or redirect the electrical signal to reach the destination. Quite fun for a puzzle game.

Oh and in other genres, Blizzard released Hearthstone for iOS as well which is just like the original and works well.

An old classic I've got as well is Worms 2: Armageddon. Nothing beats throwing Holy Hand Grenades at other worms while sitting in pointless meetings!

“I lace my crack... with Crack!” - Agro

Patches
Officer

Postby Patches » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:46 am

Agro wrote:Pokemon Fire red and Emerald on VBA bru!
Also get these:
  • Summon Night - Swordcraft Story 2
  • Sword of Mana
  • Lufia - The Ruins of Lore
  • Final Fantasy 1 - 6 (For obvious reasons)
If you have trouble finding ROMs for these let me know.

Back on the topic of Mobile Games. I can also vouch for Plague Inc..

Another game I've been playing on and off for a while is Arcane Legends. This is a pretty solid Mobile MMORPG complete with PvE and PvP. It has it's bugs and annoyances, but I've yet to find a better Mobile MMO.

My favorite free Tower Defense game is Castle Defense

If you played Dune 2 back in the day, here is the mobile port of Dune 2

Also playing a bit of Castle Clash, I prefer this over Clash of Clans purely because units not killed in battle can be used again. In Castle Clash you lose all summoned units after a battle.

Hyuu (phear)

Postby Hyuu (phear) » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Yes, Plague Inc. is awesome indeed. Only thought of it after I posted but I love that game, especially the fact that they made those scenarios of known viruses and diseases.

You should also check out Groundskeeper. Probably one of the smallest games out there but can be a lot of fun if you want to get the high score.

Osmosis very relaxing. It reminded me of Color Zen which is a very relaxing puzzle game. It has a minimalistic look combined with ambient music.

And if we're talking about games with a 'flow' and ambient music we can't forget Voxel Rush. It's a nice 3D racing game in which you get bonus points for going fast and nearly missing structures. To increase the fun they placed random events like earthquakes and turning the view upside down which makes you go dafuq.

"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mech battle between two fetuses."

Corvinus89

Postby Corvinus89 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Plague Inc is a winner in my books so is clash of clans and castle clash. But my all time favorite mobile game has to be Jelly Defense. It is a tower defense game but your towers are red and blue aliens.

Roora

Postby Roora » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:12 pm

I present you: Monsters ate my condo!
I'm addicted to this game, like a cat lover is addicted to cat memes.

The power-ups are brilliant, graphics are beautiful and the sounds hilarious :D

Suitable for every os!

Svg_Brad

Postby Svg_Brad » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Awesome! ill give some of them a try. I also like "Towers N' Trolls"
I also love D-Day on IOS. amazing graphics !!
Find me on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Svg_Brad
My YouTube : http://goo.gl/I0AL4y

Hyuu (phear)

Postby Hyuu (phear) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Small note for Monsters Ate My Condo. They revamped the graphics and effects so it looks a lot neater now. Like awesomesauce. Oh and try to beat my 3 billion + score :p.

derMeister

Postby derMeister » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:31 pm

How about taking a peek at Shattered Planet https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... anet&hl=en