Want to join us? Tell us about yourself here
Aiolos

Aiolos' Application

Postby Aiolos » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 am

Section 1
=======
1.1 : General Online Name: Aiolos, Reven
1.2 : Where are you? (Country, City): South Africa, Bloemfontein
1.3 : How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): asked in chat for SA guild and someone recommended i have unprotected s3x (ran into chaotica while gaming):P.
1.4 : Got Mumble? yup. on your server already, will remember to log in again sometime.

Section 2
=======
2.1 : Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: Raided with you a few times before i got a bit busy, this application is a month or so overdue :? - thanks to Maell who reminded me again last night (grinded my balls as he put it :P )
2.2 : Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferances etc: i started gaming at age 4 on a commodore-64. since then i've played anything and almost everything on almost all platforms. like rpg, strategy and some 1st person shooters.
2.3 : Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! : insane question! too many to count/remember starting with biotic charging enemies in mass effect3 only to see them 'headshotted' by an ally to assorted bugs in WoW and SWTOR to misunderstandings and nerd-rage on raids in WoW/SWTOR to 'interesting' ppl on travian/WorldWarOnline (especially when you time it so you catch all their troups in a relatively unprotected base/village :D), 'trolls, trolls everywhere!' to accidental/unexpected kills/deaths in warzones to guys publicly breaking down and freaking out while getting ganked in Eve to 'accidentally' killing the whole enemy team in DOTA (or the other way around)... ... ... One of my favourite 'funnies' is definitely "Blizzard's customer policy".
2.4 : What are you hoping for from Sorted? : i'm past asking what i hope for from guilds. question is what does the guild hope from me? i'm into social, relatively non-comittal gaming (RL has enough admin, schedules and meetings)

The following section needs only to be answered if you intend on joining Sorted on either Guild Wars 2 or on World of Warcraft. If you have no intention of joining for either of these MMOs you may skip section 3.

Section 3
=======
3.1 : Game, WoW GW2?: GW2 currently
3.2 : Character Name: Fish von Swimmer(main), Aiolos Revenson, Amaranth of Night
3.3 : Character Race and Class: Norn Guardian (mn)
3.4 : Level & Spec: 80, toughness, survivor-healing, support (cleric set and skills)
3.5 : If you were to Raid ,PvP or WvWvW, what days and times suit you for group activity?: any/most times weekend, evenings on weekdays
3.6 : How long have you been playing MMOs for?: since around 2007 i think
3.7 : Any previous raiding experience?: (eg. WoW Ulduar with Sorted on Whisperwind): extensive raiding experience in WoW and SWTOR. not with Sorted
3.8 : Do you PvP?: yes (not in GW2 yet. usually leave that until later since it kinda tends to consume me.)
3.9 : If necessary, would you be okay respeccing your toon to fill a need in Sorted?: ofc.

Vale
WoW Master (EU)

Re: Aiolos' Application

Postby Vale » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:44 am

Welcome back

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:33 pm

How was the Swtor raiding? I heard it was boring.
Welcome to the forums :)
I'll up your permissions

Aiolos

Postby Aiolos » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 am

sorry only saw this now.

SWTOR raids were kinda precisely like WOW imo. not enough to differentiate such an awesome idea from a pre-existing game. i really love bioware's customer service! they know how to sacrifice to make fans happy, especially looking at mass effect 3! but in the end SWTOR just didn't have enough to keep it interesting. and the maps were considerably more linear than wow. the companion-system was great as well. but after you've done the companion quests and dinged max level there's kinda nothing left in that.

their PvP was totally awesome though. i loved the idea of matched battles with slightly more factors than most of wow's pvp, so in the end all i did was pvp.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Ye I enjoyed the story and the PVP
I found the PVE content bland and for that same reason did not attempt raiding

Aiolos

Postby Aiolos » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 am

to say "bland" is a pretty compliment for the PvE :) it was linear and boring imo. and one of the things that put me off most was that there wasn't really as much of a "difference in ambience" in different zones as i've become used to in other MMORPG's. besides the obvious differences namely ice, desert and forest, everything else had a bit of a 'generic' feel to me. one got bored very quickly.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:35 pm

story story story
thats what drove me
oh and the lightsabers :)
did i mention i liked the story?

Aiolos

Postby Aiolos » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:43 pm

yeah gotta hand it to bioware :) NO-ONE makes stories like they do!

their companion-systems in SWTOR, mass effect and dragon age really made the games epic!

for that reason (and just because they oppose blizzard) i've yet to cancel my SWTOR subscription... even though i haven't played it for more than 6 months :shock: i really hope that they do well! their customer service is also just out of this world!

Rhoko
Veteran

Postby Rhoko » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 pm

A man that knows his greek mythology. +1
ΔΕΝ ΞΕΧΝΏ - το ψευδοκράτος σας.. η μισή μας πατρίδα

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Ask Rhoko about the day of "No"

Aiolos

Postby Aiolos » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Hmmm... This TOTALLY sounds like...

Atrapitis.gif
Atrapitis.gif (66.44 KiB) Viewed 3466 times

so Rhoko... what about that 'day of "NO"'?

and +1 to you sir for getting the name from the mythology!!! only 2nd person ever! and the other one was a greek dude from my WOW server.

Rhoko
Veteran

Postby Rhoko » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:04 pm

LOL Marzz.. ok history time again, I suspect the effect is lost when not on mumble.

Its the day the Greek people stood up to the fascists during WWII (28 oct), Metaxas one word answer to Mussolini’s request to enter Greece "OXI" (greek word for no) is celebrated as a national holiday.

They like to make fun of my national pride, im a Greek Cypriot.
ΔΕΝ ΞΕΧΝΏ - το ψευδοκράτος σας.. η μισή μας πατρίδα

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:46 pm

greek is greek brah

Aiolos

Postby Aiolos » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:02 pm

BUMP this thread as i'm not going to re-apply

Thanks to Samundra i tried out GW2 again the other night, few things happened.

1. reconnected with many of the 'old' guys :D patches, maell, corvinus, hyuu, dermeister, wavius and a few others (please ping if you were there when i sheepishly linked that hammer asking if this is cool)
2. TONN'S FRIGGIN WARHAMMER DROPPED FOR ME!!! http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tonn's_Warhammer (still in shock)
3. felt like coming home and being welcomed with open arms.
4. got overwhelmed with all the NEW
5. died a lot and
5. got hooked again.

so awesome to see how the guild has grown, evolved and become more mature over time! "good wine"-type of guys (and 2 chicks, don't feel excluded, although woman are often described more like milk - first they go sour and then they grow thick). Miss some of the old faces, Otiose, Bloodmyst, Rooisand, seraphs, Beast, methos etc. but such is life.

so officially - "healy tanky guardian boomerang reporting for duty"

see you guys in-game!

JackPackage

Postby JackPackage » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Rhoko wrote:LOL Marzz.. ok history time again, I suspect the effect is lost when not on mumble.

Its the day the Greek people stood up to the fascists during WWII (28 oct), Metaxas one word answer to Mussolini’s request to enter Greece "OXI" (greek word for no) is celebrated as a national holiday.

They like to make fun of my national pride, im a Greek Cypriot.

“I lace my crack... with Crack!” - Agro