Want to join us? Tell us about yourself here
nebulous

Nebulous' Application

Postby nebulous » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Section 1
=======
1.1 General Online Name: Nebulous
1.2 Where are you? (Country, City): Cape Town, South Africa
1.3 How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): Guildex (https://gw2.guildex.org/)
1.4 Do you have Discord (Voice Comms)? Yes

Section 2
=======
2.1 Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: Not yet. Hoping to change that. :)
2.2 Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferences etc:
Pretty much been playing games my whole life. Of the online variety, I generally prefer co-op RPG style games although I don't mind a bit of FPS action every now and then. Also enjoy Elite Dangerous from time to time, but I'm no pro at that.

2.3 Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! :
Well it's probably more funny in hindsight, but I used to have a corporation in Eve Online which focussed on mining. I was naive as to the true nature of what Eve Online players do at the time and when a more experienced player came along and expressed an interest in joining our corporation, I let him join, glad to have the experience (and expensive ships) on board. All was well for a while and this individual earned the corporation's trust enough to promote him to a senior rank (one that has privileges to the corporation hangars and funds). Long story short, one day, I logged in to EvE to find my corporation gutted. No more money, no more ore, and to add insult to injury, this guy and a few friends were waiting outside the station for our ships to undock to pew us into oblivion. Yep, was obviously mad bro! But now I find it quite funny thinking back. EvE Online is serious business!

2.4 What are you hoping for from Sorted? : Just a good community to play some GW2 with from time to time. I'm not by any means a serious or competitive player, but it would be nice to have a few folk to run with every now and then.

Section 3
=======
3.1 Game (GW2, WoW please specify EU or NA) ?: GW2
3.2 Character Name: Nebrolus
3.3 Character Race and Class: Asura Ranger
3.4 Level & Spec: Lvl 79
3.5 If you were to Raid/PvP, what days and times suit you for group activity?: I'm usually relatively free on weekends, but it's always good to plan ahead.
3.6 How long have you been playing MMOs for?: On and off since 2005
3.7 Any previous raiding experience?: (eg. WoW Ulduar with Sorted on Whisperwind): No, not really. I think I took part in a raid once, but that was about it.
3.8 Do you PvP?: I don't mind it, but it's not my first choice. I'm more of a PvE player.
3.9 If necessary, would you be okay respeccing your toon to fill a need in Sorted?: Sure, no problems there.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Re: Nebulous' Application

Postby Marz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:00 am

Morning Nebrolus

Sorry I didnt get your in game tag so I couldnt invite you sooner.
You can catch me online or with a in game mail via Marz.1067 for an invite

nebulous

Postby nebulous » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Hey Marz

You already sent me an invite to the guild. (my gamer tag is nebulous.3468).

I guess I kind of went about the whole joining of Sorted thing backwards. XD

I was just adding my profile to the applications as an intro. Not sure if you need to activate my forum account or something.

Thanks for adding me. I know I haven't had much opportunity to run with you guys yet, but I hope to soon as things quieten down my side.

Cheers,
Neb

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:43 am

Ye i realised it sometime after my post :P
Forum permissions done

Dont stress, theres no pressure in terms of activity. We are a very relaxed community