Cull Application

Want to join us? Tell us about yourself here
Cull

Cull Application

Postby Cull » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:35 am

Section 1
=======
1.1 General Online Name: Cull
1.2 Where are you? (Country, City):South Africa, Pretoria (Born in Kroonstad in the Free State)
1.3 How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): gw2.guildex.org
1.4 Do you have Discord (Voice Comms)? No

Section 2
=======
2.1 Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: Not that I know of, but I am sure that I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone in Sorted.
2.2 Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferences etc: I am an oldish guy (just turned 50), who have been gaming since the bleep, bloop days of Ping Pong, Breakout, Astroids and Space Invaders, later I started playing FPS like Wolfenstein, Doom, Heretic and Descent. For the last 10 years plus, I have been playing GW, WOW (stopped more than a year ago) , GW2, Battlefield and Hearthstone . I am not a very competitive player, I do it casually, usually with a cigarette in one hand.
2.3 Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! : In WOW, before MOP and pet battles, which messed up the pet trade, I used to sell eggs (companion pets) on the AH. One day while on an egg run I was looking for a nest which spawned near a Horde settlement, a Hoardie, much higher lvl than me, showed up and decided to kill me and hang around and re-kill me every time I re-spawned. This was going on for some time, but eventually I was able to hide behind a tree and shot off on my flying mount before he could get me again. I had quite a good laugh then. Another quite memorable experience was, when I one time tried to help a Horde player. There was a farm in Westfall where you could get a chicken companion pet. It involved quite a process of /chicken ing a chicken untill it gave you a quest to feed it. After feeding it seeds it would then lay an egg for you. I saw a Horde player approach the farmer for seeds, but instead of selling him seeds the farmer attacked him, which ended with him killing the farmer. I realized his problem and decided to help. It was quite a mission to convince him to trust me and that I was trying to help (I also got killed a couple of times), but eventually he realized what I was doing. After a lot of /chickening the chicken eventually gave me the quest, I fed it and when it lay the egg I let the other player take it. He was really pleased and later on sent me a letter from one of his Alliance characters thanking me for my help.
2.4 What are you hoping for from Sorted? :I stopped playing GW2 for some time and on my return found that I was no longer in a guild. I have been soloing for the past few months but suddenly feel that I miss the guild chatter, helping and being helped by guild members and the excitement when you bump into one of your guildies during your adventure. I was searching for a guild, but it seems my Server Fissure of Woe does not have any that is listed on guildex.org, so as I looked around I saw you were from SA and thought "Hey, this could be fun!!"

The following section needs only to be answered if you intend on joining Sorted on Any of our MMO's (GW2 and/or WoW). If you have no intention of joining for any of these MMOs you may skip section 3.

Section 3
=======
3.1 Game (GW2, WoW please specify EU or NA) ?: GW2 EU Fissure of Woe
3.2 Character Name: Cull ...
3.3 Character Race and Class: Cull Blackbear lvl 80 Norn Warrior, Cull Frostwing lvl 80 Ranger and a few others all below lvl 30 Sylvari Revenant, Charr Engineer, Human Elementalist
3.4 Level & Spec:Spec ? I said casual, I am still busy with my elite training on both 80s.
3.5 If you were to Raid/PvP, what days and times suit you for group activity?: I am currently not doing any, but will fall in when I can.
3.6 How long have you been playing MMOs for?: 10 years or more
3.7 Any previous raiding experience?: (eg. WoW Ulduar with Sorted on Whisperwind): No, did some raiding in Adventure, my first guild in WOW loooong ago.
3.8 Do you PvP?: No, but I want to give it a go.
3.9 If necessary, would you be okay respeccing your toon to fill a need in Sorted?: Yes

Marz
Sorted Owner

Re: Cull Application

Postby Marz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 am

You sir win the internet
I do not think anyone has put so much effort in to giving us a funny story as you have in years.
We would be more than happy to have you onboard!
Welcome to the community
We have a very active whatsapp group in terms of gw2 if you are interested and usually use that as prime communication for co-ordinating.
Alternatively jus log online and most nights you will catch us doing something.
We are doing a guild puzzle at around 8 tonight and possibly a challenge if you are keen to join
Please take a look at my signature on my forum post for discord details and a bit of history to our community.

Catch me online at Marz.1067 or alternatively send me a PM with your name and tag for an invite

Cull

Re: Cull Application

Postby Cull » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi Marz

Great STUFF !!!
Thanks for letting me join.
I will probably see you tonight, but maybe a bit later than 8.

Cheers
Cull