Scrub10000

Scrub10000 Application

Postby Scrub10000 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Section 1
=======
1.1 General Online Name:
Scrub10000
1.2 Where are you? (Country, City): USA, Raleigh NC
1.3 How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): Twitter!
1.4 Do you have Discord (Voice Comms)?: Discord is the best voice chat app to exist

Section 2
=======

2.1 Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: I met whoever runs the twitter account.
2.2 Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferences etc:

I am a married 23 year old guy who is finishing up a 6 year military enlistment. Gaming has always been a love of mine, maybe a bit too much so at times. I enjoy a variety of games and always seem to be drawn to the more competitive ones. I somehow have over 150 hours in DOTA2, have been playing Heroes of the Storm lately, and used to play a lot of CS:GO and Halo 5. I get the most enjoyment out of being a team player. When I am solo gaming I enjoy simulation management games like Rimworld or Gnomoria. I also enjoy a few of the survival games like Starbound and such. And I also enjoy a rich RPG as well; I am just now starting Divinity: Origin Sins and hope to play through that. I have been a Dungeon Master in Pathfinder before and that was a grand time, but takes a LOT of commitment. So that is my gaming persona. When I am away from my desk I do success and business consulting for small businesses, I used to produce a podcast focused on debating topics such as morals in gaming, spoilers, female viewpoints, etc. The deeper sides of gaming beyond just "Wow shiny graphics!" So that is me. I am an open book and I love to help others so just let me know if you have any questions.

2.3 Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! : Oh man.... Some of the best times I have had are with a group of 3 or more friends in a competitive game. So many laughs at ridiculous stunts or crazy comebacks or just silly things happening. I think one of the more memorable funny moments I have had is the fact that I was playing Halo 3's Rocket Race mode about 45 minutes before I was supposed to be getting married. My wife was off busy getting her done and I have a photo of me sitting on my couch looking fancy from the waist up (no pants on) playing Halo 3 less than an hour before my wedding.
2.4 What are you hoping for from Sorted? : I am hoping to have a friendly group of people that enjoy each other's company. I don't want to join another group that just has a readily accessible pool of people to join games with, I want to be a part of a group of friends that wants to hang out more than just play video games. That is an incredibly rare thing to find, so we will see if Sorted is where I belong.

One thing I should note is that I may not be able to stick around for long. I have a tendency to commit to too many things at once and life has a way of becoming increasingly complicated. Very soon I might have to be doing a training exercise for 4 weeks followed by a 2 week break and 3 more weeks of training. Besides that I am prepping for college, trying to sell a house, and prepping to move across the country. This isn't counting family responsibilities of taking care of the wife and animals on a daily basis. That being said, If I feel that Sorted is a place I can hang out in while online, you will probably see me fairly often. I hope to have some great times here, so let's give it a try.

Thanks for this opportunity, and thanks for creating this group. Keep being awesome.
- Brad

Specktor
Overlord

Re: Scrub10000 Application

Postby Specktor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Scrub

Thanks for the application, we certainly hope that you find what you are looking for in Sorted. The best part about this group is that even if you have to take an extended leave for life stuff we'll still be right here when you get back.

Froum permissions will be updated shortly. Everything you need to know is in the helpful information section of the forums.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Postby Marz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Lol at your nickname :)
viewforum.php?f=33
That is the section for quick reference

Welcome to the community!

Scrub10000

Postby Scrub10000 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks!

Nax66

Postby Nax66 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:55 am

Hey Scrub10000, welcome to the community, hope your enjoy your stay!

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 am

Rimworld ands Starbound.
This guy is awesome.
Most sorted guys have not even tried the epicness that is rimworld, most of them just do rimming.

Discord is cancer though.

Samundra
GW2 Master

Postby Samundra » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Did you read the PATHFINDER DM bit as well!

AND AND AND it's a Twitter signup!

It's working Specktor! It's working! Your hard working is starting to pay of.

@Scrub10000 : Please don't mistake my enthusiasm about social media for an empty gesture for headcounts. Your outlook and expectations would fit right in!

Scrub10000

Postby Scrub10000 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:08 pm

So many warm welcomes! Thanks all! The past.... day(?) with you all has been great ;)