Want to join us? Tell us about yourself here
waynevdm

waynevdm application

Postby waynevdm » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Section 1
=======
1.1 General Online Name: waynevdm
1.2 Where are you? (Country, City): South Africa, Cape town
1.3 How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): Looking for SA guilds on http://archeage.guildex.org/guilds/eu/shatigon
1.4 Got Mumble? Use TeamSpeak currently but will install.

Section 2
=======
2.1 Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: No
2.2 Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferences etc:
I am from Durban originally and mostly play MMO's or RPG's. I have played UO, DaOC, WoW, SWTOR and currently GW2
2.3 Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! :
Can't think of anything offhand but have been many funny incidents in WvW.
2.4 What are you hoping for from Sorted? : Looking for an SA guild on Archeage to get involved with. Dungeons/Raids and PVP

Section 3
=======
3.1 Game (GW2, WoW, Wildstar) ?: Archeage
I am currently downloading the software so have not logged in and created a character yet.
3.2 Character Name: N/A
3.3 Character Race and Class: N/A
3.4 Level & Spec: N/A
3.5 If you were to Raid/PvP, what days and times suit you for group activity?: Mon, Wed Thur, Sat
3.6 How long have you been playing MMOs for?: Too many years :)
3.7 Any previous raiding experience?: (eg. WoW Ulduar with Sorted on Whisperwind): Raided in WoW (Ulduar and WOTLK)
3.8 Do you PvP?: Yes
3.9 If necessary, would you be okay respeccing your toon to fill a need in Sorted?: Yes

Marz
Sorted Owner

Re: waynevdm application

Postby Marz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi waynevdm

Well this is embarrassing on my part. Admittedly I uploaded our Archeage guild on Guildex just for listing purposes. A few of us played it for about a month and most of us have decided against playing further on it. We just found the game favoured large guilds and the permanent pvp was abit overwhelming. There are many great features that the game brings to the table that others could learn from though.

If you would still like to give Archeage a go, I still recommend the Shatigon server and look up a guild called Deadline. They are a massive friendly guild of UK people that welcome all.

If i have put you off Archeage (and im sorry if I have), there is still plenty games we play here at Sorted but no hard feelings either way.

waynevdm

Postby waynevdm » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:20 am

Thanks for the response. I will still give ArcheAge a try. I am really just looking to try a new MMO but will still play GW2 so I am not sure how much time will go to ArcheAge.

Baltimora

Postby Baltimora » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 am

Archage was a lot of fun.

Although it is Fap2p, there are systems in place that will hinder you from progressing unless you do pay real moneys.

- Patron status is a must have.
You wont get enough labour points otherwise.
You cannot build farmlands if you do not have patron either.

- Another issue was lack of space to actually build farms and houses.
There are hackers that immediately scoop up space the moment it becomes available.
In order to get a space, you need to buy a small area from people for a fckton of gold.

The next part is where most of us fell out

-After going through all the trouble of getting farmlands sorted out you get to a crossroad.

To do any top tier farming / fishing / crafting / trading / gathering, you need to go to a pvp zone for it.
This is also not 1v1 or 1v2, it is anything between 5 and 50 people trying to kill you.
As Marz mentioned, you will need to be in a large guild if you plan on doing any end content.

The second road you can take is by keeping to low level areas and low level goods, this becomes boring quickly.

This game has had a few names.
Arch-Age,
Queue-Age,
Troll-Age is the current name, as entire guilds will wait for hours for a single person to walk around, they'll kill you, rape your body and then rob you. Then they'll start waiting again.

Its also not just faction vs faction, the guy that just protected you from being killed 5 mins ago will charge you for protection money and transport to safety. Then 5 meters out of town turn around, kill you, rape your body) and take all your stuff.(After getting paid).

To end off, This game is amazing...
Amazing fun, amazing ideas, amazing mechanics, but currently the entire thing is too focused on killing each other and stealing each others stuff.

Playing with South African Latency is also a bad thing, It makes the combat feel choppy.

Don't let this put you off though, the people that did play it sank a lot of Rands and time into it and we do not regret any of it...

PS. Theres only one valid race, those are the chiny chinks.