Want to join us? Tell us about yourself here
Whispersong

Whispersong Application

Postby Whispersong » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Section 1
=======
1.1 General Online Name: Usually I go with Tashtigo
1.2 Where are you? (Country, City): United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
1.3 How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): I've seen you guys around here and there, and the spam ofc in zone chat etc, seem friendly and relaxed, that's what I am looking for :)
1.4 Got Mumble? No, but shouldn't be a problem to acquire.

Section 2
=======
2.1 Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: Sorry, no one yet =/
2.2 Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferences etc: I lived in Toronto Canada for a long time. I work and live in the UAE as a civil engineer. I'm a bit older, so my gaming history is deep.. Played EQ1 and 2 quite a bit, also WoW, and a bunch of in-between games. Although I haven't played that for the past 6 months http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... igo/simple
2.3 Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! : Hmm hard one, okay here goes. I was in Canada at the time visiting my brother. He had to go to work, so I was raiding for him in heroic Throne of Thunder. We were on Megaera, and (I don't know if you guys are familiar with it, but there's a fire debuff that's cast on random players, and when it's dispelled, it drops a deadly circle of fire that does a ton of damage). So what happened was, we were doing that and I heard scratching from the doorway of the room, and as I turned I saw there was a raccoon standing there looking at me. I guess it somehow learned to slide the screen door in the kitchen, and made its way up the stairs to the office. I jumped away from the keyboard and was looking around the room frantically for some kinda meat or food I could distract it with (ofc there was nothing of the sort in there). meanwhile, in-game, my character didn't run out of the group to get the debuff dispelled, so he died where he was, and the fire thingy killed the tank and wiped the raid. I found some pillows in the storage closet and used them to sorta 'shoo' the little bandit away from the room and eventually down the stairs. Everyone was mad at me (well, my brother).

there's another story with a bat, but that didn't lead to any in-game occurrences, just was an ordeal to get that horrid thing to stop flying in '8's around the rooms, and vacate the premises.. traumatic.
2.4 What are you hoping for from Sorted? : Nothing too drastic, I guess just a fun forum to quest and level up to 50, then hoping to have a dungeon/adventure pool. Mainly in it for the banter/social aspect.

Yokochan
Overlord

Re: Whispersong Application

Postby Yokochan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Omg I have had many random people and some cats in my house, never a Raccoon :)
Welcome to the community :) Im sure Marz will update your permissions soon but in the mean time enjoy!
Mumble details here

Marz
Sorted Owner

Re: Whispersong Application

Postby Marz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:16 pm

forum permissions updated
Welcome to the community
Racoon ownage lol
Glad to see we you enjoy forums, we need more people like that