Application Wildstar CrasHBurN

Want to join us? Tell us about yourself here
CrashBurn

Application Wildstar CrasHBurN

Postby CrashBurn » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Section 1
=======
1.1 ) General Online Name: CrasHBurN (usually just CrasH if the name is not taken - been using that nic for 16 years in most games)
1.2 ) Where are you? (Country, City): Cape Town
1.3 ) How did you find Sorted? (Forums, Friend suggested etc): Wife dragged me here :P
1.4 ) Got Mumble? No, but will install it again, usually use TS

Section 2
=======
2.1 ) Know anyone in Sorted? A bit of vouching goes a long way!: Yokochan (new member - aka da wife)
2.2 ) Tell us a bit about you, where you are from, your gaming history, your game genre preferances etc:
Born and bred in CPT, worked moved me to JHB for 3 years but back in CPT.
Was in a BF2 clan - was for casual fun
Played Dota and Dota 2 competatively for many years, but gave up competitions just over a year ago
Was part of the X51-clan most of the dota time and Dota 2 were in the 1st division and invited to prem but work and clan had issues.
Played Wow Vanilla, burning crusade, wrath of the lich (which sucked)
Did almost all the Vanilla Raid runs on a Rogue and 1/2 of the burning crusade but eventual real life needed more time. (Let rather not even bother talking about the leech king)
Played Aion as a chanter, was part of the dredge damage/speed runs
Was part of the core heal in most raids, world bosses and abbys fort defences and attacks (we did all content, was part of "evil bunnies" which was 3rd best on server for our faction, before guild leader had enough of game and basically disbanded guild without even notice... very sad, left game after that)

more casual games:
Diablo 3 (sad that 2 was better(
Hearthstone
League of legends
HON
Left4Dead
Titan Quest
Tera - loved tanking in this but no one else like the game, so got dull quickly playing alone
SWTOR - End game just lacked soo much, so left it.

2.3 ) Give us an example of something funny that happened to you while gaming. This question counts double marks! :
Was playing a dota comp at OC in CPT and the final between us and XPZ, my wife was playing techies (yes odd clan pick)
but anyway, so the magnatar of the opposing team blinks on her and she basically has no hp but uses an elu's on him in a split second,
Thnking she was going to die she planted a mine and a remote mine, but as he landed she elu'ed him again (old elu's with 7s cd)
she quickly planted another 2 mines and then repeated the process another 4 times with remote mines.
when he landed on all the mines and she detonated all the remote mines the magnatar died.

The funny part was that the 50 or so people at OC all were watching and all were like OOOOOOHHH.
The guy got up and looked at his team and asked wtf they were doing.
and my wife looked at us and asked wtf we were doing... cause she kept him in the air soo long but no one came to help and the same for the opposite team.
basically us and opposing team just watched as she solo killed him, so no one farmed or moved for over 40 seconds just watching to see if she would die or him.

2.4 ) What are you hoping for from Sorted? :
Friendly guild to do content with.
End game vet runs, vet dungeons and raids.
to help each other get gear and amps and learn from other players and if possible to help others.

The following section needs only to be answered if you intend on joining Sorted on Any of our MMO's (GW2, WoW and/or Wildstar). If you have no intention of joining for any of these MMOs you may skip section 3.

Section 3
=======
3.1 ) Game (GW2, WoW, Wildstar) ?: Wildstar
3.2 ) Character Name: CrasHBurN
3.3 ) Character Race and Class: Granock - Warrior - Soldier
3.4 ) Level & Spec: 50 - have base tank and damage spec (42k hp - 10k armour), needs some little rework, Gather: Mining, craft: Armour: end level with 3 epoch unlocked already
3.5 ) If you were to Raid/PvP, what days and times suit you for group activity?: Mostly weekends due to work and sometimes i am in away from home for a week or 2 due to work, but can do some week runs if does not start too late
3.6 ) How long have you been playing MMOs for?: Started on WoW vanilla, Aion, SWTOR, Tera, Rift, GW2 so in short for a long time and since wow lost big raid runs been looking a new mmo to sink into
3.7 ) Any previous raiding experience?: (eg. WoW Ulduar with Sorted on Whisperwind): Wow vanilla and burning - raids, Aion - world bosses, raids, abbys raids, Rift few raids
3.8 ) Do you PvP?: Now and then i do, but most of my friends dont so end up doing much more pve content
3.9 ) If necessary, would you be okay respeccing your toon to fill a need in Sorted?: Yes, know how raids work and everyone needs to work together for the best runs, and at least in Wildstar you can buy/unlock multiple builds, so can have a few builds depending on bosses.

Marz
Sorted Owner

Re: Application Wildstar CrasHBurN

Postby Marz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Ive asked overloaded to quickly update your ingame rank

Glad to see a seasoned gamer joining us. The games you are playing fit in well with our general gaming community. If you are ever in the mood to group up for any of those "casual games" you are more than welcome to jump on mumble and hunt down us down :)

Ill update forum permissions now
Welcome again to the community